What to do If...?
Do you need a guest speaker?Any club, society, civic organization, or school group that would like to have a guest speaker, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne at (502) 636-2560. We offer lectures on the following topics:
- The Prehistory and Archaeology of Kentucky and Indiana
- Archaeology as a Profession
- Early Redware and Stoneware Potters of the Falls Area
- The Moundbuilders
- What Can Archaeology Teach Us?
- Prehistoric Artifacts
- Historic Archaeology in Jefferson County
- Archaeological Field Techniques
- Making Chipped Stone Tools
- What is an Archaeological Site, and How do you Recognize One?
- Responsible Collecting
- The Meyer Site, Spencer County, Indiana
- The Rockshelters and Cave Sites of Jefferson and Bullitt Counties
- The KYANG Site, Jefferson County, Kentucky
- The Archaeology of Guthrie Beach, Jefferson County, Kentucky
- The Conrad/Dravo Site, Jefferson County, Kentucky
When calling to schedule a speaker, please be sure to state:
- the approximate age range of the audience
- the size of the group you expect to be in attendance
- the subject matter you would like to have discussed
- the date and time requested, and
- the length of time you want the presentation to run.
- Nut cracking and corn/maize grinding
- Hide scraping
- Pottery and brick making
- Drilling with stone drills
- Leather working and use of bone awls and needles, and
- Native American games